Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stage I

Met with the oncologist today and it's good news. She said having Individual Tumor Cells in your lymph nodes is still considered lymph node negative, so she ordered the Oncotype DX test, which will give us more info whether chemo will be worthwhile or not, and if so, only 3 months worth (instead of 6). Radiation of 5 weeks daily is a given and Tamoxin taken orally for 5 years is likely. Although there were 3 lumps, they stage by the size of the largest, which was 2cm (instead of the aggregate of 3.5cm) so mine is considered Stage I with negative nodes. It doesn't sound as bad as a double mastectomy that was suggested on the first day of diagnosis.
So I was told to go back to dance tomorrow and start stretching my arm. No swimming yet, but I've been walking a lot.
We can all breathe a little easier, the future seems bright again...a few months of treatment instead of a whole year with both breasts still with me. Psychologically, I feel relieved.
Thanks again for all your support, it's powerful to know that people can influence the vibrations of the universe on my behalf (pray for me)
We made a sacrafice last week (Aaron and my bike got stolen on Thursday from our shed) so hopefully this will cover the oncotype DX test to give me a rating that suggests no chemo at all, but I don't want to be piggish ;)

1 comment:

  1. As Lauren's sister....I thank all of her friends and my family in the bay area for all their support, love and helping with my sister and her family when called upon, unconditionally. Thank you from my th bottom of my heart...Love Debbie

    ReplyDelete