Thursday, February 25, 2010

One of many

Yesterday I was excited to paint and go back to my "home" dance. Anthony's theme was commitment, as he is engaged and excited about the future. I had started a valentines painting with one heart a couple of weeks ago, and last night it evolved into "commitment to life" as I painted breasts of any women and then my own, which would soon have scars and trauma and may need to be sacraficed so that I may re-commit to LIFE.
When it came time to leave my studio and I imagined placing the painting on the alter, I thought "what a downer, I don't want my own sadness to weigh heavy on the dance." In a stack next to me were paintings Ezri had done last week at Beth's paint camp. I took 5 with me and so mine was placed behind the tree of life and was only one of six. Of course, it worked out beautifully and I was so proud have Ezri's paintings witnessed for 2 hours!
(this site is very frustrating because it doesn't always let me upload images...so until it does...)

No comments:

Post a Comment