Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Double trouble averted

Yesterday I met with a 2nd surgeon, Dr. O'Neal. I like her WAY better than the first doctor and at the end of the appt she gave me a hug and her home phone number, nice examining table manner. My loving cousins Hillary and Karen were with me and they will agree, she's a keeper. She found a 2nd lump in the same breast and felt a swollen lymph node in my arm pit. What a roller coaster ride this is! I awoke at 3 am could feel the layers of consciousness separate like a thick soup. At the surface, I remembered the possiblity of being cancer ridden that is my life right now and I could feel the adrenaline bolt me awake. I had to get up at 6am for a meeting at SFO, so it took all my powers of mental fortitude to steer clear of the fears and allow sleep to seep back in. I'm happy to say it took just over an hour, way better than taking the whole 3 hours I had left.
The good news is I had another mammograph- ultrasound this afternoon and the radiologist said the lump is positively a cyst and no unusual lymph node was seen. WHew.....now one invasive lobular lump seems like a cake walk, albeit by way of chemo invading my veins and radiation zapping my breast, but I promise to eat lots of cake in the process. Carrot Cake with real cream cheese frosting is my favorite, please. :) Thankfully this is a dance night and I can shake this all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment