Saturday, February 13, 2010

Coming out

Met with my Core Conexion fellow women dancers last night for dinner and circle. How nourishing to be circled by women who can be present with what is and offer their own experiences and outlooks to assist and support each other. It was a challenge to say out loud that I have breast cancer, like throwing down a big gauntlet and saying....match that! as if it trumps all else. It is an opportunity to listen and receive, neither of which come naturally to me. what do I want to hear? what CAN I hear? I heard a lot of concern and I felt a lot of love. These women see me dance, and dance is the one place in my life where I feel free to trust my intuition and move as my body leads. I need more of that kind of trust in my life and I am so grateful to have a community that groks that.

No comments:

Post a Comment