Saturday, February 20, 2010

MRI and Pool Party!

I had an MRI yesterday. My inspiration friend LK met me there and while having Korean BBQ afterwards, my new wonder doctor O'Neal called me on her day off to say there is a 3rd lump close to the chest wall and near the tumor in the same breast. Monday she will tell me if they want more imaging, a biopsy or if they'll take it out in the lumpectomy. This is not easy or straightforward. I did find time for acupuncture. Cousin H's man Robt Zeiger gave me different imagery. I was trying to imagine the cancer flushing out. He suggested to surround it with smiley faces...contain it with love, so that's what I'm doing, keeping all the healthy cells happy so they can resist the cancer advances and keep it in check.

Even so, my days of two beautiful full breasts are numbered, which prompted me to take the plunge and go to an ecstatic dance last night in Mill Valley at the rec center. I'd been invited before but the thought of getting into a bathing suit in front of everyone hadn't been appealing. Now, having a new found appreciation for my luscious rack that easily fills out my bathing suit, I thought, if not now, when?


The dance was big and WAY too crowded with way too much talking and gawking (the fashions are so great in Marin that I and tons others can't help themselves) but ultimately worth it for getting into my body. Afterwards we stayed for the midnight to 2am hot/tub swim party and it was incredibly fun. I’ve been doing dolphin laps at the Y since I got back from scuba diving in Mexico, swimming under water with the fins as far as I can. I was a ballerina dolphin floating and flying in the water like a mermaid with handsome strong men supporting me and all seemed right in the world (and the hot tub was hot!) The night was a throw back to being young and free and fun, just the antidote for cancer. I got to sleep at 4am and up at 8am, and since I'm really not a teenager any more, I'm feeling really tired at 10 and will sign off.
Nighty nighters

No comments:

Post a Comment