Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting serious

Hello loved ones,
Today I had an ultra sound to check out the 3rd lump, this one found on the MRI from last Friday. It is most likely also cancer. Cousin H was with me (thank goddess) because the radiologist called the surgeon Dr. ONeal and she saw me right away. She outlined all the strategies and we've schedule surgery for March 12th. A lumpectomy to remove both tumors and check the lymph nodes. The MRI also showed other spots of tissue that are suspect and she will take core biopsies while she's in there. She offered surgery on March 1st but that is too soon. I'm going to Harbin for a women's retreat on Friday, Leon is taking the boys to LA and Ezri's 8th birthday is Sunday. I'm not prepared to have my body disfigured and my whole life change that soon. I'll have 12 more days of being strong and agile, physically and mentally, which I need to figure out Ezri's school, work and maybe pull a birthday party together for him. He is being a good sport about being home all day with no friends. I need the time to absorb the likelihood of chemo and radiation over the next year and the possibility of a mastectomy if my breast is riddled with cancer. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment