Thursday, May 13, 2010

LifeForce

Healing is coming along. I took a much needed dose of dance medicine last night wearing 2 bras bound with an ace bandage (that kept slipping around.) I needed to go for the routine of it. Fast painting, inner world stretch out, breathing the music into my body, indulging in the support of a strong person who knows just where to be when I teeter, feeling the connection of energy with fellow dancers. The chi gurgled up and became Kundalini taut, electrified with my breath and the architype. To try not to overdo it, I sat for a bunch of songs and others sat with me to dance with just my hands and feet. Earlier I had been imagining holding someone’s head, it’s so intimate and loving. Then at one point C put her head on my lap and I stroked her hair back and told her how vibrant she felt. For the exercise I had M and C standing in a delta with hands on backs, breast to breast, letting the energy swirl through us. Very healing.
This morning my body feels great (back just a little tweeked) and my breast has it’s usual ache/pain at the site, so it was well worth it.

When I arrived and hung my painting up, I said to alter artist K, that they are all starting to look alike. She said it’s okay to paint the same thing over and over if that’s what needs to happen. During the dance I realized what the theme is that won’t let me go: Life Force. It wants to be acknowledged coming up from the earth and into my being. The paintings are trying to remind me that this is a good thing, something to cultivate and cherish.

I am so grateful for my paint dance practice and for those who make it happen and share it. I love all of you.

1 comment:

  1. You are sooo loved!!! I love you Sistha!!

    ReplyDelete