Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Booster avoided

Hi Loved Ones,
Thanks to the 2nd surgery and the successful achievement of clean margins, I will NOT have to have the radiation boost to the tumor site! Yeah..thank you Dr. L for scooping out some more! I had a CT scan yesterday to figure out the positioning of my body and the angle of the radiation beams. Next week I'll go for the "verification" meeting, so radiation will start after that and last 4 weeks. The fatigue is cumulative so they said expect weeks 5-7 to be part of treatment. That takes me to the end of June and then I'll start Tamoxifen. So I'm in good spirits. No exercise for weeks here so feeling chunky and stiff. Recovery from surgery has been harder the 2nd time around, but worth it. I've been working hard on my SFO furniture project so that has kept me focused. Today the bids were due at 10 so I feel like goofing off and taking a break, but still so much to do.
This heart painting was done over the weekend with the left over paint on my palette when it was time to clean up. I did a painting retreat with Robin all day Sat and Sun morning. The garden at P's house is gorgeous and it was hard not to just lounge and nap all day instead.

2 comments:

  1. That's great news. What's even better is the sense I get that you will most definitely beat this sucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete