Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hara Point


Dance theme from 10-8-10:
Our theme today and next week is "support" .
Today we will go into the inner support of the Hara point, which is one of the energy centers along the center line.
Facing the blank paper, I started with the Hara point. I kept intending to add a figure, to draw a body, but it didn't work out. I kept painting energy points along the Life Force, yet the body did not present.

I've been reading the Power of Now and meditating on "beingness." Here it is. The life force that is not dependent on the body to be seen. Maybe the lesson of having cancer is to cultivate my spirit being and worry less about my body being. Of course, I want to stay in my body as long as possible, but maybe if I develop a strong sense of being, when I do lose my body, my spirit will move on in another form.

To my surprise, fellow dancers loved this painting. It is fun to let something unknown emerge. And trust it. Trust my process. Trust my dance. Trust myself. Getting there one painting at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment