Friday, October 1, 2010

Being Held

"The dance theme today is again the 360 degrees. This time we use the image of the tree to explore the space around us with arms, mobilize the arms... And reinhabit the space around us on all sides. Invite all sides of us. ... The underlying theme also is to not go on autopilot on the dancefloor but to stay engaged. Looking forward what you come up with. Big hugs E"

This is what I came up with. People dancing in community, filling space above, below, in front, beside and behind them. In a faceted world. Now I see it as my family, bound together in a house of cards, vulnerable to falling through the cracks. I try and keep the yellow field strong for them, offering love and support so that they don't slip through the bars. There is only so much I can do in my compromised energy level? Am I doing the right things? Should I be doing more? Is there enough structure that I can do less? let go? focus on myself? Go out into the world 10 hours a day to bring home the bacon and provide a roof over their heads, money to pay for their activities, and have health insurance to stave off disaster? Is it too much for me to handle or do I trust myself to persevere and believe we will still be connected and loving when some of it falls apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment