Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Gift


Last week I had my first "art opening." A collection of my paintings are in a big display window on Harold Way at Addison in downtown Berkeley. I met a woman with the Downtown Berkeley Business Association and she offered me the spot for 3 months. I put an invitation on Facebook and 15 friends and family showed up, including my lovely teacher Eva and Altar designer Kathleen. We then went into the Hotel Shattuck and had a drink (I love the Black and white wallpaper in there), then some of us went to dinner at the Revival Cafe. It was wonderful!
I finally understand that having a show is not the need for validation, although it is that, but it is truly my gift to the world.
Someone said how much art rejuvenates her, and who am I to deprive her of my vision? Another said that seeing the paintings together offers not just a viewing but an experience. Thank you for those words.
I like to paint and see images of Life Force energy coming through us and connecting us to the source and to each other, which is what the dance offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment