Saturday, July 31, 2010

Big Sky and Glaciers

Hi Friends,
Thanks for checking in from time to time to catch up with me. I had sent 15 yr old Aa off to Costa Rica for 4 weeks and decided that I, too, needed a getaway. I wanted big sky and water and someone suggested Alaska. I found a 6 day kayaking trip that looked fabulous, but then realized it was overly ambitious. So instead, my sisthar met me in Seattle and we boarded the ms Rotterdam with 1500 other people and 600 crew. We "sailed" passed Canada to south east Alaska, experiencing everything from thick fog, choppy seas and strong winds to smooth water, bright sun light, gorgeous skies and beautiful clouds.
Now I'm home, feeling refreshed and relaxed. I actually forgot about my troubles for a few days. Aa is home and he had an "awesome" time. He arrived home the night before I came in and he surprised me while I was waiting for my luggage. He looked healthy and strong with a wide smile and he gave me a big hug. I wanted to cry. Four weeks was the longest I had been away from him for 15 years.

2 comments:

  1. Sistah.....what a FABULOUS picture from our state room on board!!!! Fab time with you!!! Glad we did it!!!! Your truly have a calling to become a writer...you write with such elegancy and it flows....xoxox Sistha D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Become a writer...so I'm not the only one who has told you so.

    ReplyDelete