Wednesday, April 13, 2016

16 April 12 Circling

"Circling" Copyright Lauren T. Meyer 2016
I was heading into the YMCA when I saw a close friend. 
She invited me to join her for a "Circling" get together. 
 I had never heard of it, yet she glowed as she spoke 
and I figured I'd skip a swim and experience something 
different.
And it was unlike anything I'd experienced before. 
There were about 30 people in a large living room 
already sitting on various chairs in a circle.   One
 person volunteers to be questioned.  They answer 
while trying to stay present with themselves without
 going off into explanation or story. 
 Every word matters.

The challenge is to experience this moment and 
acknowledge, name, and share feelings that come 
up while relating to another...

waaay harder than it seems,

and so Berkeley.

No comments:

Post a Comment