Thursday, June 24, 2010

The dance theme was breath and inspiration. I painted the body and the heart and had a lot of white paper left with 20 minutes to go. I needed to speed it up and picked out a brush I never use. I started painting the background circles, thinking of all the hustle and bustle of daily life that challenges my serenity. I choose mis-matched colors and let myself go wild. During the dance, when I get to see the painting from a distance instead of up close, I saw the white strip the figure is sitting on as the plane where body meets spirit. It's the plane I try and get to during meditation (not that I meditate that often.) It's like the thin creme filling of a chocolate mint, subtle yet rewarding, sandwiched between the darkness.
This week I am feeling stronger, able to taste the sweetness of life.

The radiation fatigue is lightening up and I'm starting to feel better. It's been almost 5 months of living with the knowledge I have cancer. Now I need to start living with the sense that the cancer has been eradicated and I've survived it. I am now a BC survivor. (time to get a pink ribbon for the back of the car ?) I'm in the process of revamping my attitude and making changes to my life to increase zest. Dance and paint. I read a book called "Cancer As A Turning Point." It's premise is that the key to boosting your immune system is to find what in life lights your fire, makes you want to hop out of bed in the morning and gives purpose to your days; to do NOW what you have put off for the future, to take more control of some things and give up control of other things. Finding that balance is the challenge, but posting my paintings to share with all of you is a big thrill for me.

Thanks for tuning in and looking!

2 comments:

  1. Sistha.....I am so proud of your writing, paintings and blog....you inspire me.....I will get the PINK RIBBON that says I am a Suvivor.. I a Pink Ribbon on the back of my car ..supporting the BC cause...Love you so much !!! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECTION...... I will get the 'I am a suvivor PINK RIBBON' for the back of YOUR car....I have the one that is generic on the back of my car...showing I support the BC cause....crazy when you type so fast...and my mind thinks faster..that sometimes my sentences are incomplete...love you D

    ReplyDelete